I figured no better way to start writing better blogs then writing a blog on blogging. (Confused yet?) Let me clear it up for you.
By now you have all heard of it. “Blog” is one of the most searched words on the internet today. This is probably because people are still trying to figure out how to do it right. Why should you care about blogging? When well planned, this can be an awesome and FREE marketing tool. (Woohoo that’s right, FREE!) As a restorer, you can use it to help get your name out there as the expert in your community.
A blog is a web log, or an online public diary or journal that is written for others to read. You can create blogs for personal reasons, educational and informational reasons, business and corporate reasons or a multitude of other uses and purposes.
You can add to them anytime and they have a nice long shelf life. They stay online until you decide to remove them. If you do not already have a blog that is associated with your business or your website, then now may very well be an excellent time for you to start blogging.
Here are a tips to helping you get the best results out of your blog:
- Make a List. Sometimes the hardest part of blogging is figuring out what to blog about. Before you start your first blog make a list of all of the things you think would make great topics for your readers. This will help save a ton of time and frustration. The easier you make it for yourself, the more likely you will be to keep doing it.
- Blog on a Consistent Basis. Not necessarily daily, but pick a schedule and stick to it. People will start to expect your new blog posts. Make sure to deliver.
- Get your name out there. If you are brand new to this people may not know who you are yet or that your blog exists. Comment on other blogs or social media sites. Network among your peers. Check message boards and drop your links multiple places.
- Exude Confidence. You are the expert. Research before you write and make sure you are giving people content they can use. Don’t stress if you don’t feel like you are an awesome writer. There is a ton of information on blogging out there to help you. Here are a few: Copyblogger, Problogger, Zen Habits, Smart Passive Income & ViperChill .
- Think About Your Readers. What would you like to hear about? What are key words that they could be typing in to find your blog? Will this information help them? Don’t be too generalized. Specific blogs will give you more to write about and offer more help to those looking for it.
- Plan ahead. If you are in a writing mood and have the time, knock out multiple blogs. Why not? This way if something comes up you are already set, and you aren’t leaving your regular readers looking for your next blog. You will have better information and be able to deliver it consistently.
- Contact Michael J. Haase at 406-890-0812 or elloFlatheadValley@gmail.com